Recipes and More
DOUGHNUT BREAD PUDDING
Forget figgy pudding. Bring us some Original Glazed Doughnut Bread Pudding for an extra-amazing holiday dessert.
Ingredients (yield 12 servings)
- 5 Krispy Kreme Original Glazed® Doughnuts
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, plus 1/4 cup softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, beaten, for the sauce
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Cube doughnuts and set aside in a greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Mix together 5 eggs, 1 cup of sugar and milk in a bowl; add 2 teaspoons vanilla. Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, crumble together brown sugar, 1/4 cup softened butter and chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle over cube doughnuts and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.
Mix together 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 egg, and 2 teaspoons vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is melted. Add brandy, stirring well. Pour over bread pudding. Serve warm or cold.